Come to Finland, Visit Hanko, Anglo-Nordic and Grafia are collaborating to find a travel poster for Hanko (Hangö in Swedish) and are therefore announcing a poster contest. The contest is open for everyone, but it's primarily aimed at professionals such as graphic designers, illustrators and artists.
All entries must be delivered by February 28, 2021 by file transfer through the form on our website.
Before going creative: Please read the technical specifications for your files.
- Only one entry per contestant.
- The poster has to have a title.
Make sure to name the two files (original version and the low resolution version) according to the title of your poster. For example: if your poster has the title “We Love Hanko”, name the files as We-Love-Hanko-HIGHres.pdf and We-Love-Hanko-LOWres.jpg
The poster has to be unsigned, however with a possibility to be signed later. The names of the contestants will not be disclosed to the jury.
- The poster should be a graphic illustration or a collage. Photographs as such are not approved.
- The poster should attract visitors to come to Hanko (Hangö) in Finland. It should have a text that can be translated to various languages or is multilingual. The slogan can be e.g.”Come to Hanko – Finland”. Other slogans can be used as well but the words ”Hanko” and ”Finland” must be used in the slogan or somehow be visible in the poster.
- Hanko is a biliingual town, both Finnish and Swedish are widely spoken. Hangö is the Swedish name for Hanko. Therefore you are can also use ”Hanko Hangö - Finland” as a simple and great slogan. Or why not try to play around by using both ”Hanko” and ”Hangö” as elements in your image?
- The contestant is fully responsible for owning the copyright of his/her entry. By participating he/she therefore confirms that the artwork does not in any way infringe the copyright of anyone, and that the contestant thereby takes legal responsibility for the artwork.
If chosen as one of the finalists the contestant has to send in two other versions of the poster: 1) in layers with fonts outlined in a zip file and 2) in the size 506 x 706 mm (flattened layers with fonts outlined). The above mentioned technical specifications apply.
- Information about the contest is available in many languages but any questions can only be answered in English, Finnish or Swedish.
- All contestants must agree not to share or distribute their entries in any way or form before May 6, 2021 when the results will be published.
The results will be published at cometofinland.fi and myfinlandposter.com and on visithanko.fi
The winner, the runner-up and the honorary award recipients will also be personally notified.
By entering the competition the contestant agrees to all the terms and conditions of the contest.
- The winner, the runner-up and the honorary award recipients are announced on May 6th, 2021, at the Museum of Hanko.
- Come to Finland has the right, but not the obligation, to exhibit the works of the finalists at the poster exhibition at the Museum of Hanko starting on May 6th, 2021, and at any other future poster exhibition arranged by Come to Finland. No separate compensation will be paid for this right.
- In case the entry is nominated as a finalist entry the contestant undertakes to adapt the artwork to other sizes, if Come to Finland so wishes.
- Come to Finland owns the exclusive right to produce printed materials (such as postcards, posters, wooden cards and other products) of any of the ten finalist entries and can also grant license rights to the image.
- We also reserve the same usage and license rights to any of the other entries, but if the contestant has not been contacted by Come to Finland, and presented with the contract, within six months from the announcement of the winners (that is November 6, 2021), the full rights will automatically transfer back to the contestant i.e. the artist of the poster.
- If Come to Finland chooses to produce products based on any of the contest entries, a separate agreement will be made with the contestant and a royalty fee will be paid based on Come to Finland’s standard agreement.
- Any contestant can obtain a copy of the standard agreement beforehand by contacting poster2021(at)cometofinland.fi.
- By participating in the My Finland Poster contest the contestants agree that their artwork can, if Come to Finland so decides at the latest on Nov 6, 2021, be utilized in accordance with the standard agreement mentioned above.
- Come to Finland reserves the right to alter the artwork when the poster is utilized for various products e.g. in cases the dimensions of the product differ from the dimensions of the original poster or various language versions are needed. Come to Finland also reserves the right to edit the text/slogan or the font type when adapting the artwork.
- A person in close relation to one or several jury members cannot participate in the contest.
- Come to Finland also has the right to use the ten finalist entries and the artworks covered by the royalty contract in its digital marketing. The aim is that the artist's name is mentioned whenever possible.
More information in English, Finnish or Swedish: poster2021(at)cometofinland.fi